Views

Monday 6 February 2012

Roomboxes for Christmas







I just can't believe that we are into February already and that it's over two months since I posted on my Blog. 
Because I know in my heart that I really can't have any more houses I have been looking at revamping some of my original Edwardian Houses and am determined not to start any new projects until I have sorted through my whole collection of miniatures and rediscovered what's in all my boxes!! It can be quite a revelation I can tell you ... I have found some beautiful things I'd forgotten about and which are far too lovely to be in boxes and I have also identified things which I no longer need and I've sold one house and around 30 dolls and still got a way to go ... money to spend on new miniatures :-)
Just before Christmas I made two roomboxes as gifts; one for my cousin who is not a miniaturist but asked for something in a shabby chic country style and one for my daughter who has recently bought her first flat and I based it on her room which we all helped decorate.



The basic roombox with a bay window added to provide the window seat. I think I like window seats in my minis because I'd love to have one for real!




The mannequin started life as dark wood, I painted it white and decoupaged strips of a lovely pink floral paper.


The finished roombox complete with her little dog Pixie.




Happily my cousin loved it and here it stands in its new home.



This is the kitchen/ living room in Lynsey's flat and we had great fun decorating it ... I wish I'd had "before" photos to show as it really was stuck in a 70's time warp!!





This is my mini version of the kitchen, I love the stools which were from Elf Miniatures.



The French baguette is from Christel Jensen and the fabulous cheese platter from Amanda Speakman.





Sophie, one of Lynsey's favourite cats when she was wee.


That's it for now, on with the tidying and organising before moving on to one of the many revamps that I've got planned.

Thanks for looking, Jackie x

27 comments:

  1. I'm delighted, Jackie! What a wonderful work! The roomboxes are beautiful, all very well done, congrats!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geweldig je 2 kijkkastjes.
    groetjes doortje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, they´re great! I love your posts as you´ve so many amazing details in your scenes and it´s always fun to make the pictures bigger to find even more "uh"s and "Ah!"s. And I get more and more found of roomboxes...as you can display them so much easier. Thanks for showing!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first room is so cozy and has beautiful colors. The other room is modern and fantastic made, too.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao!! Piacere di conoscerti ...il tuo blog mi piace tanto ti aggiungo nei miei preferiti!!! I tuoi lavori sono bellissimi ..sei bravissima!!!
    Un bacio dalla Sicilia
    elvira

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just found your blog and I am sorry I wasn't aware of it until now, because it is simply amazing! There are details that sometimes make me wonder whether the scene is in real life or in miniature... Well done! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! You've got a lieber blog recognise in my blog. If you want, come to get it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely gifts to give, Jackie. You clearly put a lot of time and effort into them and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Una escena muy bonita, la ventana es muy original. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie, Oh my word - I am totally mesmerized by your blog! I love seeing your beautiful miniatures and love each and every picture...I love your hallowe'en settings earlier on, so much wonderful details and your pink Christmas was delightful. Your latest post is a pleasure to the eyes and I bet the recipients of your boxes were over the moon. Hugs, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifull roomboxes, i am sure your cousin was in the seventh heaven with them.
    Hugs
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Compliments for all your Roomboxes. Your scenes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both roomboxes are gorgeous! I look forward to seeing more of your minis soon! :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent work - I'm glad that I found your blog! This February I, too, finally gave the first three of my roombox - but I love them all so much and sorry to give)))) But I want to build new ones - I need space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jackie I am in love with your work!!! Your room box is amazing!! I adore all those little tins and all the beautiful colours!!!
    Hugs from a new follower,
    vicky xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jackie..I love your work !! but i have a strange question ... i have see in many of your scenes that you have amazing canister or how do you call this ( rooster,Halloween also in this one...) did you buy those or make them yourself... a lot of my friends are curious also...

    Corine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Corine,

    Thank you. The canisters are plain white metal (bought) and I decorate them using decoupage technique. I sold some a few years ago on Ebay but am hoping to set up an Etsy Shop as I have been busy making lots of little cushions and biscuit tins.

    As you can see I haven't updated my Blog for some time and must do it soon.

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie ,

      thanks for your reply.... they are perfect and i love those a lot ....

      Corine

      Delete
  18. j'aime beaucoup le coin fenêtre, très féminin, le salon aussi.
    Minima

    ReplyDelete
  19. He descubierto tu blog y me gustan mucho tus room-boxes! Muy alegres, bien coordinadas y femeninas. Mariajo

    ReplyDelete
  20. It can be difficult to remember when looking at these photographs that you are actually seeing a miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jackie,

    I have just discovered your blog (through Pinterst). I've been reading all your posts and love everything! - especially your printed items! I've been much inspired to try making some of my own.

    I'd like to know where I can get the Supersoft Paper you printed the adorable pink Christmas stocking on(from your post dated Dec 8).
    I did an internet search and only found Supersoft Inkjet TRANSFER paper.
    I assumed you printed directly onto the paper you mentioned. Am I wrong?

    Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      Thank you, I'm so glad you like my printed items. The stocking was printed on Pabric Soft Sew which I buy online from Crafty Computer Paper in the UK, it is good because it doesn't fray but sometimes I think the colours don't come up too well.

      As you can see I have been very bad at updating my Blog ... over 3 months!!! However I have been working away, very busy printing & making cushions so will hopefully post pictures here tomorrow. I'm also making up a little giveaway as I have passed 200 followers and I missed the one year anniversary of my Blog :-)

      Please check back over the next couple of days and happy printing!

      Jackie xx

      Delete
  22. Thanks Jackie for answering my question - glad I "found" you when you were "returning" to your blog!

    I have a lot to learn about printing minis - every little bit helps!
    I know absolutely nothing about manipulating/resizing images, but am eager to learn!

    What software do you like to use?

    Thanks, Cindy in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Jackie
    I found your site through someone else's that I follow and was so chuffed to see some of the items that you purchased from me in your creations. Your displays are just lovely. I would love you to come and take a look at my blog when you have time
    http://mollysueminiatures.blogspot.com
    Sue
    xxx

    ReplyDelete