Views

Thursday 20 September 2012

The Sewing Room and Quilters Corner


It's becoming so repetitive but every time I post on my Blog I seem to start by saying how poor I am at regular blogging .... honestly the intention is always there but I am determined that this Project will be updated regularly rather than wait til its completed and bombard you with photos!!

I'm also astounded that I now have 296 followers, reaching 300 will have to mark my second giveaway I think ... will need to have a little think about that one.

Anyway on to my latest project and like a number of friends right now I'm working on The Sewing Room, its a lovely two storey property from Julie Bennett at http://juliesdollshouseblog.blogspot.co.uk and next door will be the owner's home. I think its fascinating seeing so many different interpretations of the same theme.

This is the property, I just love Julie's houses.



After some trial & error here is the shop name



While the downstairs Sewing Room is being stocked for opening, upstairs which will be the Quilt Corner, is being decorated :-)


Because the shop is going to be quite full and "fussy" I'm going to keep the walls plain white but added these panels to the ceiling.


I have made quite a few quilts for upstairs, they're not true patchwork ( I just don't think I have the patience for that!) but they do look quite effective.







After my recent trip to Nice on the south coast of France where I just loved the fabric & haberdashery shops I printed some small scale Provence style fabric & made lots of fabric bales plus some cushions and a quilt. The colours in my shop were going to be my usual pastels so I'm not sure whether to use these or make a separate little scene for them?





Anyway that's the progress so far, I'm trying to do a little most days so watch this space & thanks again for looking.

Jackie x


30 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more, this project is absolutely fantastic. I love your Provence fabrics.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project.

    Kind regards Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new project, the ceiling looks wonderful and I can see the 'workman' has really been busy. Great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. creo que lo de dar ese colorido al techo es muy original, yo creo que puedes utilizar colores pasteles y colores mas vivos ,puedes ponerlos por apartados , creo que pueden quedar bien asi

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt shop is lovely, I love your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shop Jackie, I'm glad to have found your blog. Can't wait to see what you add next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project. I love the fabrics and the ceilings are gorgeous. Cant wait to see more.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful project Jackie, look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantástico el comienzo del proyecto, estaré impaciente por el ver resto, felicidades:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ciao Jackie, mi chiamo Mely (http://melymelpiccolisogni.blogspot.it/) e sono la tua partner nello swap organizzato da Caterina (http://leminisdicockerina.blogspot.it/). Non riesco a trovare il tuo indirizzo e-mail potresti metterti in contatto con me?
    La mia mail è:
    roryh725@tiscali.it

    Approfitto per farti i complimenti per il blog ed i bellissimi lavori che hai fatto,non ti conoscevo ancora ma grazie a Caterina eccomi qui!
    Ti abbraccio forte e attendo la tua mail,
    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jackie,

    Oh gosh, your project is so pretty and I love the quilts you make. I can't to see the progress of this quilt shop :)

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me parece un trabajo encantador
    Felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks lovely! Merry Christmas from Canada,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que bonito el proyectome gustan esas telas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. J'aime tes miniatures j'en fait aussi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me.
    gotplus|fatherlyplus

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have bookmarked it and I am suspecting examining new articles 12 jyotirling name list

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome issues here. I’m very glad to peer your article.I am very satisfied to peer your article.Thanks so much and I’m having a look ahead to touch you checkout kundali matching

    ReplyDelete